Personalized Medical Education – Centered on the needs of end-users (patients/caregivers)
We provide consulting, solution and content development services for education providers and trainers.
Sample Problem Statement:
How can latest research findings/innovations, education materials, evidence-based practice guidelines, research participation/collaboration opportunities in cancer and rare diseases be made available, accessible, and targeted to the right stakeholders and end-users in both US and India? Beyond the primary goal of healthier and longer lives for patients, this advancement will also have a direct impact on the turnaround time and effectiveness in research/practice sectors, and pharma/medtech industry (RnD, medical affairs, market access, commercials).
1) Smart services and digital transformation in this space, driven by three major business processes: consumerization, digitization, business networks.
– How smart-services for education, decision-making, collaboration and engagement will make life easier for users – patients, caregivers, physicians, and researchers. These services, in the backend, generate real-world evidence (RWE) for stakeholders (payers, regulators, researchers, pharma/medtech).
– It’s all about smart products, connected to platforms, services which are configured dynamically, which create a new experience for the user.
a) Deep consumer engagement from early phases till commercialization and beyond in pharma/medtech
b) Customer-centric experience during product launches – innovative methods to identify patients who need treatment/for adherence to therapies, commitment to patient communities, work with advocacy groups/key opinion leaders/physicians/therapeutic area experts, help patients/caregivers navigate the healthcare system
c) Events/digital campaigns/courses/materials targeted at educating healthcare providers, contextual knowledge/skill training, persuasion for individual users for learning/behavioural changes/participation in PCOR
d) Shared decision making (SDM), Patient reported outcomes (PRO)
2) Technology enablers for these smart services.
– Prototypes based on open source FIWARE.
– FIWARE Reference architecture for “Smart Health Life Sciences”.
– Specific enablers to FIWARE to come up with relatively low effort to a complete solution tailor-made for Health Life Sciences.
3) Design pilot studies which includes healthcare end-users (consumers, patients, caregivers), researchers and physicians.
4) Propose & Design use of AI technologies for personalized education and engagement – Multimodal Interaction, Plan Recognition, User/Context Modeling, Language/Image Understanding, Information Extraction, Machine/Deep/Reinforcement Learning.
5) Levers for business model innovation – How to create a platform around the existing education products, research/publishing/dissemination services, which can then service the customers. Disruptive business models will evolve out of collaboration of companies/business networks on one side, and availability of IoT on the other.
6) For existing processes at the customer side, connect the objects (e.g. devices) along the value chain to various processes in discovery/design/validation/manufacturing/launch process, post-marketing surveillance/education/patient-centered research phases.
7) Propose partnerships for design and implementation of these shared services.
8) Provide recommendations for a vibrant and collaborative ecosystem required for community-engaged translational research (T1, T2, T3 sciences).